Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
Our testing policy is as follows:
OPTIONAL (2020-21 Admissions Cycle)
ACT or SAT
SAT Subject Tests
REQUIRED for select international applicants
TOEFL, IELTS, or DUOLINGO English Test (See details below)
- Students who are native speakers of English or who attend school where the language of instruction is English are not required to submit an English-language proficiency test.
- The University of Pennsylvania will follow the rules and regulations of the Ivy League in the recruitment of student-athletes to the institution.
Applicants have the option of self-reporting their SAT, ACT, and SAT Subject Test scores. English-language proficiency test results must be sent through official agencies to be considered with your application. To self-report your scores, use the testing section of the Common Application, Coalition Application, or QuestBridge Application. We recommend that you self-report each test you will use to select the highest score in each section.
Admitted students who choose to self-report test scores must submit official score reports prior to enrollment. If you are self-reporting sections from multiple test dates then you must submit official reports from each sitting prior to enrollment. If you choose to self-report your tests scores, then please be sure your self-reporting is accurate. Penn reserves the right to rescind admission in the case of applicant misrepresentation including discrepancies between self-reported and official test scores.
Testing Deadlines (2020-2021 Admissions Cycle)
Tests must be taken by the appropriate application deadline:
|Test||Early Decision||Regular Decision||Transfer Decision|
|Latest SAT Test Date||November 2020||December 2020||March 2021|
|Latest ACT Test Date||October 2020||December 2020||February 2021|
|Latest SAT Subject Test Date||November 2020||December 2020||December 2020|
Testing codes: SAT – 2926; ACT – 3732; TOEFL – 2926
- Score Choice: Although we permit Score Choice, we encourage students to submit their entire testing history for both ACT and SAT exams.
- SAT vs. ACT: No preference is given to the SAT or the ACT. If an applicant submits both tests, we will pay attention to the higher score from either test.
- Superscoring: For the SAT, we will combine your highest Evidenced-Based Reading and Writing with your highest Math score across multiple tests to calculate a superscore. For the ACT, we consider the highest individual English, Math, Reading, and Science scores across multiple tests to calculate a superscore composite. If you are self-reporting exams from multiple dates to create your superscore, then we expect you to provide official reports for each test that contributes to your superscore prior to enrollment in line with our self-reported testing policy.