In addition to being a gathering place for meeting, relaxing, and planning, the house is an information center, a resource library, seminar space, and a dynamic bulletin board for people interested in positive change. Directing its focus beyond Penn’s campus, Civic House promotes mutually beneficial collaborations between the Penn and West Philadelphia communities, other Philadelphia neighborhoods, and the larger world.
- Hosts student-led community service and advocacy groups
- Provides orientation and continuing training and reflection for students involved in community service and advocacy
- Serves as a resource for one-time and ongoing community service projects
- Sponsors speakers, panels, and other educational programs
- Supports student service groups by providing meeting and office space and transportation resources
- Provides links to and training for academically-based community service and related courses
- Collaborates with College Houses, the Greek system, and other groups
- Provides a resource room with publications on service, tutoring, and social issues
- Promotes and supports students pursuing careers in social responsibility
- Supports opportunities for alumni service projects
Civic Scholars Program
The only sequential, four-year program of its kind, the Civic Scholars Program
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.